Sunday, May 4, 2008

Saturday, May 2--post-bath time

Unfortunately, the kittens poop. They poop all over themselves and each other, and several have diarreah, as some are with a different mom and all are having kitten formula, so their little digestive tracts are out of whack, and I hope that's all.

I prepared a place in the garage with a wash station and drying basket. I mounted a heat lamp over the drying basket, and fortunately only one kitten pooped the whole time and it was a nice, firm sample--we need more of those! They don't smear.

I knew the clean state wouldn't last long, so I rushed for the camera. I was right. Soon after I put the camera up, the babies started making messes.


6 drying kittens


Momma got a wipe down with a wet washcloth, too.


Full-bellied and clean!


Ahhhhh



Momma likes clean kittens, too!
Unfortunately, the mic on the camera records too much noise, but you can just barely make out the rattle of a purr on one of the close-ups of nursing kittens.

No comments: